Sunday 1 March 2015

KITSCH ART COLLECTION

  HOLA!

Hi guys this is my new post for my new collection. Before taking you to my journey for this collection let me guide you something about "INDIAN KITSCH ART". Indian kitsch art has unique motifs like the "old chai wala","Kathakali pose" etc.Kitsch art started as pop art with various designs one would call as cheap or ridiculous.Kitsch has unique ability to attract or repel one simultaneously.  This is my mood board for kitsch art . Kitsch art is basically something which is very tacky or has tacky motifs. Various cultural icons, truck graphics and other popular icons are used in kitsch art.The colours used are very bright. My this collection was based on more of Indian kitsch. This unique, eye catchy, flamboyant Indian kitsch art is catching pace and is one of the well known art.I was inspired by its motifs, the way they have been used and the bright colours used in it. 


MOOD BOARD


MOTIFS





This is my final collection of outfits. 

1 comment: